Featured

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Refund
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Updated by user Oct 15, 2023

Even though I've reached out multiple times with calls and emails, there has been no response.

Original review Sep 14, 2023
Nothing drastic to say, really. We had to leave the location early but the hotel wouldn't give us a refund for the days we didn't stay. In addition, we were asked to grab our things and leave immediately, instead of being able to go eat and come back. So, we still paid for the extra days and were told to leave regardless. Tried contacting the manager via email, but no response. Made this phone call and got to talk to a human being eventually. The guy said they need to confirm with the hotel that we left early and would be able to go to the next step of the process. So, no money back yet.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Friendly staff
  • Clean hotel
Cons:
  • Trying to charge for days not stayed

Preferred solution: Refund for days not stayed.

User's recommendation: Holiday Inns are usually good for this sort of thing. Just weird how this event went. I'd still use them.

Richard N Cea

| map-marker Grand Rapids, Michigan

The Hotel and the condition when booking in

I have submitted a form and had no response. It read:

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express, Grand Rapids was the worse decision of my stay in America (18 May 24).On arrival the inside of the hotel resembled a scene from the 'Die Hard' Movie'.

Had I been informed that the hotel was under construction, I would not have booked it. Had I been informed that there were no carpets in the corridors, I would not have booked it. I booked a room with 2 queen size beds. On arrival there was 1 bed in the room.

This was not what I expected from a Holiday Inn. The whole place was substandard at best. It should have been closed for refurbishment and not have expected guests to make do around the chaos. The receptionist was of no help and I felt that a refund should be forthcoming.

I would have happily gone to another hotel in the area but was pushed for time so left with no choice but to get off to a wedding I was attending.

Again the hotel should not have been open for guests. I look forward (expect) to hearing from you with a resolution for me having to endure such a place as your hotel without warning (not that that would have made a difference, but would ahve allowed me to reconsider before [paying).

Pros:
  • Non for this one
Cons:
  • Facilities
  • Condition
  • Cost

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Check the condition of hotel when booking

Guest

You stayed there because of the cheap price. You get what you pay for..

Sorry.

Why should they give you a refund, you stayed there. Lesson learned deary.

map-marker Herrin, Illinois

Lisalively34@***.com

My husband and I, Keith OLoughlin checked in on Sunday March 31st at the Holiday Inn Express where we stay regularly when in town. We checked in with our dog, who is K-9 trained.

We paid the $25.00 pet fee, I have the receipt, we signed a pet contract. Yesterday evening, we were called around 9 pm or so by the night shift staff about complaints in regards to our dog barking. I tried to explain to the lady our dog is K-9 trained and when she smells anything unusual she will bark to alert, and that on our third floor marijuna, weed, pot could be smelled since we checked in. So her barking was to alert of the smell.

She ignored what I said and simply says we didnt sign a contract or pay a pet fee to which I tell her I have the receipt. I told her we were just in the lobby eating our dinner with our niece. That they most certainly knew we had a dog as everyone has seen her with us every day. She was saying how her manger stated that wasnt so, which is a lie, so I elevated my voice and said again our dog is trained to smell and alert.

She claims she hung up on me which is a lie, I hung up on her because she wasnt listening to me the paying customer. And calling me a liar. We pulled our vehicle up front, to load up our car and leave hotel as your employee was calling is liars. My husband works for the federal government and additionally as a wildland firefighter for the United States Forest Service and other wildland firefighters are staying at hotel too.

I walked in presented my receipt, only for her to again say Im lying,,,and say let me see this receipt. Meantime, she tells me that Im not being evicted that I didnt have to leave. Then in the next breath tells me her manger told her to call the police and evict us. Marion PD arrived, frightening experience yet he was the only voice of reason.

She then retells him her manger was evicting us and additionally wanted to contact the pound to come get our dog as she rang our room with no answer even though we were sitting in the lobby area eating at a table next to door and window while additionally other firefighters were in lobby too. Officer listened to both sides saw my receipt said we were entered into a contractual agreement that I didnt have to leave yet she is saying the manger evicted us. Ive never been more confused, upset and seen anything more upsetting and unprofessional in my life. We packed up and left.

We will be filing complaints, multiple ones with multiple agencies. Additionally, there was a fire in the kitchen around 5:00 am, the hotel kitchen had a fire or whatever, our pup alerted us before the smoke alarm. And how that was handled protocol was in place. People used elevators, no head count was taken, and while smoke was still present and our pup didnt want to allow us back in, fans were placed by fire department who did their job yet the hotel staff didnt.

So management needs to be better trained in the event of a drill or real fire. Everyone wouldve been dead, even if it was a drill, still fake dead. A headcount must be done, and elevators arent to be in use due to any fire in the event of becoming trapped, so we are additionally filing that complaint too. To threaten us with the pound, and to contact police for barking both my dog and my reaction to being called a liar when I was raising my voice and my words and had proof of pet fee and contract, is absolutely unacceptable behavior.

I come from a law enforcement family weve had K-9 dogs my entire life, never ever experienced anything like this. We travel all over the world with my husbands job and he works in D.C. and we live in UP Michigan. No hotel ever has treated us or our dogs this way, ever.

Weve never been evicted from anywhere or ever had police called on us or our dog. Im a retired school teacher who survived COVID 19, Im in heart failure and the amount undo stress its caused me and my husband who is a retired veteran too. Our dog has induced PTSD and anxiety this evening due to this employee and treatment. Plus this employee is who checked us in night one, had us pay pet fee and sign pet contract.

And nobody should be allowed to smoke anything inside the hotel, and when I said were being evicted but not those who are illegally smoking inside when its a fire hazard? She stated she cannot go room to room. So Im complaining of the smoke smell thats not heard as a guest or customer yet another guest customer is complaining of our dog who barely barks and on command of leave it she will immediately stop as shes trained to do so were being evicted but not a guest who could potentially cause a fire. This makes zero sense to me.

I will never stay at any IHG hotel again. With my husbands profession he uses and extensive travel IHG is where he typically stays along with other employees and family and friends. Word of mouth thanks to social media is everything these days. And after this horrendous experience I plan to vocalize my experience and file complaints against your management to everyone possible.

We felt extremely threatened, frightened for our pup and dissatisfied and disappointed in how we were treated and spoke too. Im not going to be told how I should have spoke or reacted to being accused of lying, threatened to have my dog taken by the pound and the police coming which he has the report and Im sure body cam. Again, other forest service employees firefighters heard everything as they were in lobby area too at tables eating and conversating. Worried more about our pup in stead of illegal smoking.

Do better HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS MARION ILLINOIS. I could have had a heart attack, my husband had one last year and open heart surgery and here we are being threatened. Our pup couldve been tased! Maced!

Or shot! It happens! We didnt report the smell ourselves as what others do is none of our business and also for fear of retaliation. To dismiss me and my words/thoughts/feelings as a guest is absurd when they accepted another guest whos complaining about our pups barking most likely as they knew our pup is K-9 as we stated to anyone trying to pet her or because of her reaction every time we walked her out hotel room door to walk she could smell and alert us people were like cool she can do that.

So I think they reported her barking behavior because they were on drugs. So trust a guest whos high over a repeat customer whos done absolutely nothing wrong except trust this hotel. What happened last night was wrong. Just plain wrong.

No apologies will due. Other dog owners need to be aware and know that your hotel isnt safe, its NOT pet friendly because this experience was awful for us. I dont want anyone else to experience this, ever! We had her here last year after my Mom died of cancer multiple different times we stayed with her without one issue or incident.

Dogs bark! Babies cry! People talk in the hotel rooms. People snore!

TVs are loud! We are responsible and respectful people, tonight we were disrespected times ten. We had been very understanding to the fact 4th floor was being remodeled, semi trucks take up the parking spaces and I had no where to park most days due to this, or the fire that occurred or the disgusting pot smells, or mattresses sitting outside and elevators tied up due to the remodel. We were understanding patient and respectful.

We pick up our dog *** walk her and she is trained so shes not misbehaving she was doing her job she was trained to do while your employees lack job experience. Award winning hotel, I think not! I had bragged day before on housekeeping, how we only stay here due to other hotels here arent as clean not knowing the front desk staff and management are horrible. Everyone we know said we should file a lawsuit against hotel.

I can honestly say Im considering it as my pup is still throwing up from us being rushed out, she senses everything just like she smells everything. To just say Im disappointed is a understatement. Humiliated and very unhappy, not even what I was use. Confused, maybe.

Dissatisfied customer/guest, not even close. Traumatized is the best words I could use.

Melissa A Jla

| map-marker Libertyville, Illinois

Charged $250 over the reservation price and wouldn't refund it

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Charged $250 over the reservation price and wouldn't refund it
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Charged $250 over the reservation price and wouldn't refund... - Image 2

I booked a room for a week and requested an accessible room. I told them I had my three year old service dog with me.

No problem with the dog the entire week I was there. She is clean, quiet and well trained. The staff seemed fine with her being there. Three weeks after my stay, I got a notification from my Am Ex card that they charged me another $250 fee.

I call the front desk at the hotel where I had stayed. The guy told me it was a cleaning fee for my dog. I informed him that under the ADA you cannot charge a cleaning fee for a service dog, only for pets. She is a service dog.

He said the manager would call me. The manager never did. I called again at lunch and spoke with the manager who now claimed that my dog had urinated everywhere, left pawprints on the bedding and shredded the linens. This was such an outrageous lie that I was not even sure how to address it.

I told him that wasn't possible because my dog stays with me in hotels multiple times a month for the last two years, is 100% housebroken, quiet clean and trained. She is not destructive, and I leave my hotel rooms very clean. Garbage is always in the garbage can. The remote is next to the tv.

etc. There was no urine anywhere in that room. I keep my own blankets on the bed over the linens so the dog can be close to me in bed without coming in direct contact with hotel linens. She most certainly did not leave any marks on them or shred them.

He interrupted me to tell me he had pictures of the damage and was not refunding the $250. I told him to email me the pictures because that is impossible. He said he would be glad to send them immediately. He took my email address, read it back to me and hung up.

He never sent the pictures, because of course they do not exist. I disputed the charge with my credit card and gave them pictures of the room when we were there showing that the bed was completely covered by my blanket as I stated is my practice and the floor and room were very clean, not trashed as he said. The credit card reversed the charge. The manager of this hotel in Libertyville IL stole from me and smeared my service dog.

I am more offended by his accusations against my dog than I was by the theft. She is an amazing dog and didn't deserve to have someone accuse her of those things.

Stay at Sonesta or anywhere else in Libertyville. This place is crap.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Nothing. I will never stay at this hotel again. My credit card reversed their charge.

Guest

Hotels cannot consider shedding hair as a basis to charge a cleaning fee for a service dog. You did not say anything about hair.

They can however charge for urine and damages to property. Unfortunately a walk through wasn’t done with you present.

You are pretty much left with the charge. In the future, please research before you make sweeping statements about service dogs.

Carolyn O Enf
map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

A complete rip off and dump.

A complete dump and rip off. The place is filthy, toothpaste dried on the vanity, no towels, ring around the toilet, every piece of furniture is frayed and tattered,no vending options no local amenities provided, just an overall overpriced mess. I should have left but after traveling alone for 7 hours and lugging all my luggage in and being exhausted, the only thing that was ok was the bed had clean linen.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Usually clean and simple

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Just don’t.

map-marker Herrin, Illinois

Lisalively34@***.com

She claims she hung up on me which is a lie, I hung up on her because she wasnt listening to me the paying customer. And calling me a liar. We pulled our vehicle up front, to load up our car and leave hotel as your employee was calling is liars. My husband works for the federal government and additionally as a wildland firefighter for the United States Forest Service and other wildland firefighters are stating at hotel too.

I walked in presented by receipt, only for her to again say Im lying,,,and say let me see this receipt. Meantime, she tells me that Im not being evicted that I didnt have to leave. Then in the next breath tells me her manger told her to call the police and evict us. Marion PD arrived, frightening experience yet he was the only voice of reason.

Weve never been evicted from anywhere or ever had police called on us or our dog. Im a retired school teacher who survived COVID 19, Im in heart failure and the amount undo stress its caused me and my husband is a retired veteran too. Our dog has induced PTSD and anxiety this evening due to your employee. Nobody should be allowed to smoke anything inside the hotel, and when I said were being evicted but not those who are illegally smoking inside when its a fire hazard?

She stated she cannot go room to room. So Im complaining of the smoke smell thats not heard as a guest or customer yet another guest customer is complaining of our dog who barely barks and on command of leave it she will immediately stop as shes trained to do so were being evicted but not a guest who could potentially cause a fire. This makes zero sense to me. I will never stay at any IHG hotel again.

With my husbands profession he uses and extensive travel IHG is where he typically stays along with other employees and family and friends. Word of mouth thanks to social media is everything these days. And after this horrendous experience I plan to vocalize my experience and file complaints against your management to everyone possible. We felt extremely threatened, frightened for our pup and dissatisfied and disappointed in how we were treated and spoke too.

Im not going to be told how I should have spoke or reacted to being accused of lying, threatened to have my dog taken by the pound and the police coming which he has the report and Im sure body cam. Again, other forest service employees firefighters heard everything as they were in lobby area too at tables eating and conversating. Worried more about our pup in stead of illegal smoking. Do better HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS MARION ILLINOIS.

I could have had a heart attack, my husband had one last year and open heart surgery and here we are being threatened. Our pup couldve been tased! Maced! Or shot!

It happens! We didnt report the smell ourselves as what others do is none of our business and also for fear of retaliation. To dismiss me and my words/thoughts/feelings as a guest is absurd when they accepted another guest whos complaining about our pups barking most likely as they knew our pup is K-9 as we stated to anyone trying to pet her or because of her reaction every time we walked her out hotel room door to walk she could smell and alert us people were like cool she can do that. So I think they reported her barking behavior because they were on drugs.

So trust a guest whos high over a repeat customer whos done absolutely nothing wrong except trust this hotel. What happened last night was wrong. Just plain wrong. No apologies will due.

Other dog owners need to be aware and know that your hotel isnt safe, its NOT pet friendly because this experience was awful for us. I dont want anyone else to experience this, ever! We had her here last year after my Mom died of cancer multiple different times we stayed with her without one issue or incident. Dogs bark!

Babies cry! People talk in the hotel rooms. People snore! TVs are loud!

We are responsible and respectful people, tonight we were disrespected times ten. We had been very understanding to the fact 4th floor was being remodeled, semi trucks take up the parking spaces and I had no where to park most days due to this, or the fire that occurred or the disgusting pot smells, or mattresses sitting outside and elevators tied up due to the remodel. We were understanding patient and respectful. We pick up our dog *** walk her and she is trained so shes not misbehaving she was doing her job she was trained to do while your employees lack job experience.

Award winning hotel, I think not! I had bragged day before on housekeeping, how we only stay here due to other hotels here arent as clean not knowing the front desk staff and management are horrible. Everyone we know said we should file a lawsuit against hotel. I can honestly say Im considering it as my pup is still throwing up from us being rushed out, she senses everything just like she smells everything.

LaQuilla B

Unsatisfied with Hotel Room

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Unsatisfied with Hotel Room
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Unsatisfied with Hotel Room - Image 2

Hello, I am currently staying at a Holiday Inn Express in Grand Prairie, Texas that I booked off of Hotels.com. The description of the hotel stated that there was a bar/lounge in the hotel and the room description stated that there was a sofa bed in the room.

Both of which I have screen shots on. Based on this description and price I chose this hotel out of the other options that I had. Upon arrival and paying for my room I noticed that there was no bar/lounge. When I asked the concierge he stated there wasnt one.

Upon entering the room I immediately noticed there was sofa bed as advertised and one of the main lights was not working which Im sure is due to a simple light bulb needing to be changed. We called the front desk and expressed our concerns. He said that none of the rooms have a sofa bed and the issue was with the third party site. He called the general manager and relayed to us that we had the option to check out and receive a refund.

This option was not an option for me considering I would have had to wait for my bank to process the refund. Not only that but my family and I just travelled from Virginia and Indiana for an event and were exhausted. We were told the general manager would be there the next morning. When I spoke to her she was aware of the situation and offered no resolve.

She repeated that the issue was with the third party site and they had been contacted to correct the information, which is good for your company to avoid a situation like this in the future, but does nothing for our inconvenience. My family and I travelled a long way and spent a lot of money for something special to us, with our hotel stay being apart of that. The general manager offer no apology. Instead we were given attitude for expressing our concerns and lies when she was asked for the owners name and corporate number.

She stated she didnt know the owners name just to turn around and later say she spoke with the owner and he agrees with her position. She gave 1-800- Holiday as a corporate number for me to find a completely different number on line. Her customer service/ care was very poor and they way she spoke to us was very unacceptable.

I understand that a third party site advertised your property at this location incorrectly, however, that is not on us, it is on your company. As a business owner it is your responsibility to make sure that any company advertising on your behalf is doing so correctly.

Not doing so could cause legal issues in the future. It is also the responsibility of the staff that you have in place dealing with your customers on a day to day basis to do so with the upmost care and consideration, which we were not given.

Because of that I am reaching out to the company itself to see what can be done for me and my family to be compensated for this situation prior to taking due the reaction.

The hotel is lactated at 3005 S Carrier Parkway. Grand Prairie, Texas

General Managers name is Lawanda Mosby

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to hearing back from you.

LaQuilla Booker

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Verify what you are getting before you pay

Guest

You were given the option to check out and receive a refund but you refused. It sounds like you didn't even try to find other accommodations.

So, one can assume you want to be refunded for the entire stay or you will make this legal issue. Good luck with that.

Marcelline Syr
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2489291

They cannot afford to stay at a hotel, reason they want a refund. They should just find a place to stay that they can afford or find a homeless shelter.

reply icon Replying to comment of Marcelline Syr

I CAN afford to stay or else it would not have been paid for. I simply want what was described to me that I was getting.

I was traveling from VA where I have a wonderful full-time career and a home that’s paid for so no need for the homeless shelter but thanks for the recommendation! .

Marcelline Syr
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2489664

HERE IS HOW IT WORKS. YOU STAY YOU PAY.

Just because you paid does not mean you cannot afford to pay for your stay.

You just spent your money foolishly. STOP LYING.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2489664

I dunno. A career and a paid off home but no credit card?

Can’t get a refund because that isn’t immediate and no money to spend on other accommodations. Sounds homeless shelter adjacent to me.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2489291

I can CAN afford to pay for stay and never once requested a refund. I wanted what I thought I paid for.

What I can’t afford to do is pay for 2 stays while my money is in limbo waiting to be returned to my account. Thanks!

Guest

This is what you get for using a 3rd party site, in order to just save a few bucks. The information on these sites are often incorrect and hotels find it impossible to get these middlemen to make changes. Always book direct.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2489268

I have used this site for years to book my stays with no issues. Thank you for your unsolicited opinion. Have a great day!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2489270

If you don’t want comments don’t post on a third party site for thousands of companies where anyone can reply. You went cheap using a third party site to book.

The check out/refund option was the hotel’s final answer. It is no one’s fault but yours that your credit is garbage and you would have to get a refund first before more money was free. Do better., And have a blessed day. And I mean bless-ed.

Two syllables, each stressed equally. Say it again bless-ed.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2489462

You can comment all you want sir! Doesn’t mean I receive it!

Also thought I was sending and e-mail but it also got posted on this site. I don’t care what you or anyone else has to say so comment away!

I’m sure you have nothing else better to do. Enjoy!

View more comments (12)
Lorraine T Nui

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

Complaints

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Complaints
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Complaints - Image 2
Need to speak about responsibility and safety. Your establishment failed to provide. There was no place to sit but on a 1980 mattress. There were bugs, and the staff was very rude. I called corporate to cancel my reservation because I wouldn't feel safe staying there. They heard the staff yelling at us and allowed us to cancel. However, I haven't received a refund a week later.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't do it

Antonio M Srj

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Housekeeper stole from me

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Housekeeper stole from me
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Housekeeper stole from me - Image 2

This location in New Boston Tx allowed housekeeping to steal from me refused to do anything about it but call the police for what u ask lol on me for having the complaint I did a solid for them and called them myself they couldnt do anything but file a police report however I will be pressing charges and getting the money for my stay and legal fees thanks to their negligence would not run camera back or provide the housekeeper who carded in my room and walked out with my belongings after going through the bag it was in to obtain said items the manager is a joke terry she and the front desk associate were unprofessional and prejudice would not recommend save your money go down a little further for better quality and pricing

User's recommendation: Be very careful came to this location in New Boston and they allowed housekeeping to steal from me refused to do anything about it but call the police for what u ask lol on me for having the complaint I did a solid for them and called them myself they couldn’t do anything but file a police report however I will be pressing charges and getting the money for my stay and legal fees thanks to their negligence would not run camera back or provide the housekeeper who carded in my room and walked out with my belongings after going through the bag it was in to obtain said items the manager is a joke terry she and the front desk associate were unprofessional and prejudice would not recommend save your money go down a little further for better quality and pricing

Michael H Sic

| map-marker Vinita, Oklahoma

I am being harassed my fourth amendment is being denied to me.

The manager of the Vinita, Oklahoma, Holiday Inn Express has been harassing, rude, offensive and absolutely childish in both demeanor in the way she has threatened myself an my wife with eviction over simply requestiing that no one be allowed to enter the room we both are living in at the moment. She allowed my father to enter my room on his demand.

She sent maint. men to inspect our room under the guise that something needed fixed. A board behind the headboard that is used to hang the headboard from the wall so that its free standing. He conducted the "needed" "repair" (according to her words because i have the entire conversation that i had recorded the audio of) during the evening and only on one head board of the two in my room.

I returned about 5 pm the evening of to find a three foot by two inch by one inch board still laying in the room he forgot leaning against the wall. I examined the room and my personal effects becasue it was obvious the maint. man did not visit my room because something was broken. He came to snoop an violate my fourth amendment rights.

If he had came to the room to repair something his focus would have been on his job an completing it in a satisfactory an tidy job. His concerns were obviously to investigate the contents of the room or he would have never left the one piece of wood he was sent to repair laying in the room. I took the wood bracket to the front desk an asked why it was laying in my room against the wall. The front desk employee had no explanation for why it was in there or who had been in the room.

I asked her what Holiday Inn Express policy was concerning identification of people gaining access to my room through the aquasition of key kards from the employees seeing as how i had obtained my last two coded keys by simply showing them the tattoo on my neck as identification. I was told by the desk employee that "Pictured state identification was the policy to obtain a key but that they were trained be good judges of character!" I went to bed that night and before i did i counted my wifes perscription medications an one narcotic in paticular the bottle had quite a few tablets missing. These medications never left the room ,my wife an i left the room the morning of said day, the medications tablet numbers counted fine before we left. I had a clue as to who may have taken from the bottle and promptly made my way to speak with the manager the next morning about my suspicions.

Before speaking i stowed a recorder on my person before i engaged her as to why she was allowing my father a key to room anytime he wanted to enter after we had left the Hotel for the day. That had right to expect no one enter my room unless i was present, that i had perscription medications that have been sampled by someone because my wife had taken her prescribed amount the morning before the tablets went missing. I told her that i understood that the hotel was not responsible for the medications itself but the were responsible as far has upholding my 4 amendment rights concerning the security of the room, who was allowed entry to room that myself an my wife keep personal property and medications in. I explained that i had the right to be secure in my room, papers, medications from unreasonable search and siezures unless a warrant was issued for the actions of the maint.

employee. That even though she had us checked in under my fathers name it did not diminish my appreciation of my civil rights or her responsibility to see that civil right upheld by herself as well as her employees. I told her i intended file a police report at wich point she began to get loud and angry. Telling me i had no right to expect any shred of privacy or security.

That she was going to contact the agency who had placed us in he Hotel as guest an have us evicted. We are staying in the hotel because our water lines busted during a cold snap here in Oklahoma as well as nearing new home construction that is taking place creating further need to be in a Hotel. She said that myself and my wife were homeless an if we knew better we would not be bothering her with our concerns of security and safety. She mentioned doing me a favor an securing entry for only my wife an myself in the future but that i should be ok wih what was happening to myself an my wife because she could throw me out for expecting such things.

I left the desk to visit my father in his room an while in the room the telephone rang. It was a front desk employee attemtping to lead me an my words in the direction that my wife was in our room. I thought it odd so immeadiately i walked the twenty feet from my fathers room to the front desk to find the manager and two emoloyees attempting to trespass my wife who had came down to get key to our room because the one she had was no longer programmed due to the fact the manager and employees were giving my father a third key every time he waned to enter my room exceeding the two card limit on the locks. They were laughing at her and telling her she needed to leave she wasnt my wife .

I had told them i had a wife but they never asked me her last name differs from my last in union as well as her picture identification wich she had to present. They immeadiately began to attack her an attempted to have her removed from the motel. I have every word said for the extent of the childish interaction recorded on audio as to prove what i am saying. Recently the manager instead of risking her words being recorded called me in the room an informed me that The state of Oklahoma has Covid Health regulations that superceed my 4th amendent rights.

That if i dont allow her cleaning staff in my room an that i vacate the room for them to enter every three days that she would place charges on me hundreds of dollars in cleaning fees because i would be breaking the law. THIS IS NOTHING BUT A DAMN BALD FACE LIE TO VIOLATE ME FURTHER AND I EXPECT IT TO STOP NOW.

I will be seeing an attorney and playing the converstaions for him. I expect you to set her straight not long after reading this as to the liability an litigation your facing that will most certainly stem from our recorded converstations.

Pros:
  • Bed to lay your head in
Cons:
  • Immature children
  • Civil rights violations

Preferred solution: I want a apology an suite for the rest of the time i stay

User's recommendation: Dont use IHG. They will allow any rep to violate your rights

Guest

It is obvious what this jumbled mess of a story is intended for. Don’t think of telling your wife’s doctor or pharmacist “Funny story about needing an early fill.....”, without a police report filed ASAP listing the maintenance guy and her father as people who entered the room .

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2479446

OP can’t even form coherent sentences and throws legal terms around with zero knowledge. The Fourth Amendment protects against illegal search/seizure BY THE GOVERNMENT.

He is claiming illegal entry and theft of a controlled substance. He needs to file a police report and also file a restraining order against the maintenance guy and the father.

View more comments (1)
Lorraine T Nui

| map-marker Lake Elsinore, California

Complaints

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Complaints
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Complaints - Image 2
Need to speak about responsibility and safety. Your establishment failed to provide. Dirty unsafe. Bugs no where to sit. Management was yelling at us because we asked about a chir or something to sit on other than their 1980 bed that was very uncomfortable. We called corporate and they had them cancel reservation. YET TO SEE MY REFUND.
Peter S Kou

| map-marker Bonita Springs, Florida

Filthy

Musty smell in hallway and worse in room. Shower and vent fan filthy. We had to go to desk and ask for towels everyday. Windows filthy, Shades on lamps worn and dirty, rug disgusting. Most of staff either doesnt understand English or scamming people. We were not the only ones complaining. Go there and investigate. Start in suite 300.
Pros:
  • Good location

User's recommendation: Look elsewhere

Resolved
Charles H Xtw

| map-marker Port Aransas, Texas

Resolved: Customer service issue

When I checked into our hotel today I realized we were given a room with two queens and I asked if we could upgrade to a king. The receptionist asked the manager how to look that info up and the manager responded that they didnt have any available and was incredibly rude.

We left with our keys and unpacked our luggage. I stopped by the front desk to ask the manager for her name she responded with this is what were going to do. Im going to cancel your reservation and have the police escort you off the property. Complete abuse of power and extremely vindictive.

The Police showed up at our room with her smiling outside. They informed us that we had to leave the premises immediately.

The manager stood there smiling while they escorted us out of the hotel. I cant believe you allow a manager to do such a thing for such a petty request

Loss:
Pros:
  • Locations
Cons:
  • Poor management

Preferred solution: I would like that particular manager to be reprimanded for incredibly poor customer service

User's recommendation: Never. Ever stay at a holiday inn express since they have zero accountability for their management

Guest

Hotels always have limited king-sized beds available. Always.

So, you got mouthy, not realizing that people in the hotel industry do NOT put up with mouthy, belligerent guests.

They don't put up with name-calling and yes they will have you removed from the property. You will never be able to stay at that location because you are now on their DNR list (do not rent).

Teandre Tvc

If they did not have any available they had none available. That is not rude.

They just did not have any king-sized bed rooms available. If someone asks you for something and you don't have it does that make you rude? What did you want her to do? Wave a wand and have two king-sized beds appear from nowhere?

Build the bed for you? Kick someone out of their room so you can have it since you are special and important, and they are not. Generally, when people act like idiots, they threaten to call the police. If your parents did a good job of raising you, they would not have to.

You should have booked king-sized beds in advance instead of queen-sized beds. You can make the request all you want, but if what you want is booked they cannot do a thing.No one is abusing power. You asked for them to change your room to king sized beds, they had none available and you behaved like a toddler because you did not get what you wanted. If anyone was abusive it was you.

Cannot take no for an answer. They cannot grant your request if they have none available.

They are not going to kick someone else out of the room you wanted, make the beds themselves or wave a wand and have the rooms magically open. None of this would have happened if you acted your age and accepted that they did not have king sized bed rooms available.

reply icon Replying to comment of Teandre Tvc

You’re ridiculous and completely ill informed of our situation. When someone is rude it can be fairly obvious (tone, mannerisms, refusing ti help, etc…).

Asking for her name shouldn’t allow her to cancel a reservation and call the police on a 100% disabled veteran who simply asked for her name.

I believe this is a gross abuse of authority and you have no clue what you’re talking about…but that’s why you sit and snipe/judge other people’s comments. It all makes sense now

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2521826

Oh GROW UP. They would not have to calm the police on you if you were not rude.

You need to learn manners. Just because you did not get your way does not mean that they were rude.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2521826

She doesn't have to give her name.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2521826

You deserved it. You thought you would cause drama and found out quickly. Your kind is not wanted.

CharIes H Xtw
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2521889

No I am a veteran. I deserve to have a free room.

CharIes H Xtw
reply icon Replying to comment of Teandre Tvc

But I am a war veteran. They should have asked someone to leave.

View more comments (7)
Carolyn O Enf
map-marker Syracuse, New York

Disgusting hotel

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Disgusting hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Disgusting hotel - Image 2
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Disgusting hotel - Image 3

I was a drive up with no reservation. I accepted the $225 rate and went to my room First red flag was the filthy carpet in the lobby and hallway on the 3rd floor.

Upon entering my room the vanity in the bathroom had toothpaste smeared on it and no towels, a ring around the toilet and the fixtures/faucets were covered in soap *** I did run down some housekeeping guys that were in the hallway who cleaned the toothpaste up and supplied me with towels but didnt understand English so theres that. Every piece of furniture was worn and tattered and the office/work chair at the desk literally had a slip cover on it. This is one of the worst rooms Ive ever seen. Ive been in nicer $69 rooms.

Dont do it. Management was less than helpful and saw nothing wrong with the room or their tacky facilities.

User's recommendation: Just don’t. Keep driving.

Blake H Lfw

| map-marker Conway, New Hampshire

Bad stay

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Bad stay
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Bad stay - Image 2
One Ill start with the hotel room because the bathroom had some weird nasty black sludge in the shower. I noticed under the lamp shades were super filthy aswell. The water in the hottub might need to be changed as it was making me and my fiancé super itchy. Not to mention I was double charged during my stay!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Close to tourist locations
Cons:
  • Bad breakfast
  • I was double charged for my stay
  • Dirty sludge shower

Preferred solution: I’d like a complimentary stay for a night at a location of my choosing within the company.

Margaret S Pgv

| map-marker Longview, Washington

Recent 3 night stay at Holiday Inn Express in Visalia, CA

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Recent 3 night stay at Holiday Inn Express in Visalia, CA - Image 2
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Recent 3 night stay at Holiday Inn Express in Visalia, CA - Image 3
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Recent 3 night stay at Holiday Inn Express in Visalia, CA - Image 4
Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Recent 3 night stay at Holiday Inn Express in Visalia, CA - Image 5
Upon checking in on the evening of Feb 23 (room 128) there was a large coffee spill on the floor, toothpaste in sink and a wet carpet. When told to front desk they offered points instead of a different room. Meanwhile a family member in another room had entrance light out snd were given a choice to move to another room. We were there for 3 nights. I would love to send you pictures of the conditions in our room. We even had to put towels down so as to avoid wet feet at night when getting out of bed to use the bathroom.
Brenda M Rhb

Overcharged for three nights and was no TV AVAILABLE

Holiday Inn Express Hotels - Overcharged for three nights and was no TV AVAILABLE
Updated by user May 20, 2024

Waiting to hear back from the Managers. Correct Address is 375 Old Franklin Tpke Rocky Mount VA 24151

Original review May 20, 2024
Overcharged for 3 nights and would like to know WHY. Also, there was no TV as Direct TV was knocked out of commission. However, I was very concerned about the price being so high. I need someone to call me and tell me why. Thank you?
Loss:
Pros:
  • Very nice people and great breakfast avail
Cons:
  • Too much money

About